It's the little things...

Are you ready for the weekend? So far the summer has been SO busy, and I'm not a person that likes to be busy. I prefer easy days with nothing planned, so I'm looking forward to slowing down this weekend. 

I haven't gotten any big projects done this week but have a few in the works. I have been doing little things around the house over the past few weeks that I thought I would catch you up on! It's been so fun to see this house become "ours" more and more over time. It has been a joy for me! 

I hung a light in my office finally, and found a chair for my desk! I searched for eight months for a comfy chair that wasn't crazy expensive. And this one rolls too. I absolutely love it (a HomeGoods find)!: 

The light is the Danville linen shade pendant from Lamps Plus. The shade is a bit darker than I thought it would be, but I really like it. It's going to look so great with bookcases behind it eventually!

The drawer on this desk catches a lot so I found a pretty drawer pull in my stash and installed it. I got it at a cute shop in Lexington Kentucky years ago but I found it online for you here! (Affiliate). Cute and functional -- my favorite!: 

Other than the drawer catching I love that desk! 

I returned a bunch of stuff from IKEA and got a few more frames for the Disney wall in our loft with the credit -- score!: 

We'll continue to add to it over time. I also spray painted the NOOK letters that used to hang in our book nook and hung them with command strips. It's looking cute up there!

I have the Disney pin art we made a few years ago on a nearby wall: 

We're missing a pin from one of his ears but otherwise it survived the move well! 😄

I've been hanging a LOT of stuff. I've purchased very little new art -- we had a ton from the old house. I mean, A. TON. I've enjoyed finding spots for the pieces I love:

You can see more about the guest room here. I have plans for it but it will be a while. :) 

Remember the other lights I told you about earlier this week? The ones I got for a steal at the Ballard Outlet along with the new one for our master? Well they are adorable and I just can't even stand how much I love them in the mud room

They are the Suzette Ceiling Mount and we have two of them in here (one isn't pictured). They work so well with the brass accents and are sooooo much better than the "boob" lights we had the builder put in. 

One of the best things about summer is a clean mud room bench. 😂 The shoe storage is high on my list of projects. Those baskets drive me mad: 

I'll tell you more about that sconce soon -- if my project works out the way I hope! ;) 

And finally, a little thing but it has helped tremendously. We really needed a small bulletin board near the kitchen and mud room, but I didn't want anything too big or bulky. I found a simple pin board at HomeGoods and used command strips to hang it on the small wall by the fridge: 

I love it because it helps keep stuff out where I want to see it, but is still kind of hidden away. Most visitors would never even know it's there. (And the command strips were great because I didn't have to put holes in my cabinetry! 

There you go! Just a few of the little updates around here. I feel so productive when I get these smaller projects done, and they take no time at all. (Except for the lights...boo hiss.) 

Have you added anything fun to you home lately? I love when small additions make a big impact! 

Comments