Share your pressure cooker tips and recipes!

Hello all! I love sharing ideas and projects with you all, but you all always have some great info and tips too! That's why I'm asking for your help today. :) I think a lot of you are probably in the same boat I'm in and will find this helpful as well.

The Instant Pot (affiliate) came back in a big way a year to two ago. I think maybe it was Prime day (on Amazon) that I finally bit the bullet and got one.

I even took it to our hotel room between houses last year this time thinking I'd have tons of extra time to learn the thing and try it out. I didn't. I did take it out of the box!



That's it:
It kind of scares me. Didn't these go away years ago because they were exploding? 😳

I've heard so many good things though so I want to overcome my fear. I'm not alone I know...I have a couple friends who have had one for almost as long and haven't used it either.

Do you use a pressure cooker? Let me know all the tips! Have you found videos or blogs that explain the process of using it? (Yes, I've read the instructions. I'm a visual person and would love to see it in action.) I almost picked up a cookbook the other day but wanted to hear from you all first. Any books you love?

I'd love to know what you love to make in your pressure cooker. Anything I should stay away from? I'm determined to use it now that we're settled in the house and we're in a groove with school. I'd like to start out with some simpler recipes.

I'm a novice at the Instant Pot but I love the slow cooker! You can check out my favorite chicken and wild rice recipe here, as well a couple of other favorites:

And the apples will be ready for picking very soon here! This crock pot applesauce is SO GOOD: 


Comments